Aug 24, 2023
In collaboration with New York's 7th Judicial District, Goodwill of the Finger Lakes has set up an on-site referral service at the Monroe County Hall of Justice. The Community Connections Desk, or the CCD, is located in the back corner of the main lobby area on the first floor.
The CCD is staffed by a Goodwill Community Navigator and volunteers from other human service organizations.
“Often, individuals working within the justice system are experiencing some form of crisis or trauma. Being just outside the courtrooms allows our CCD staff to immediately connect these folks to the appropriate community agencies or services based on what they need at that moment,” says Jen Lake, President & CEO of Goodwill of the Finger Lakes.
Read more about the CCD:
- Rochester Beacon: Pilot program to provide assistance at Hall of Justice
- 13WHAM-TV: Goodwill opens on-site community referral desk at Monroe County Hall of Justice
- Rochester Business Journal: Goodwill, partners establish Help Desk at Hall of Justice to provide connection to services after court appearances
- WXXI: Hall of Justice help desk will connect people with services
- WHEC: News 10NBC @ Five
- Spectrum News
- Daily Record: Goodwill, Rochester Area Community Foundation establish help desk at Hall of Justice