Happy Earth Week!
Every day at Goodwill we celebrate sustainability - we practice recycling and repurposing, keeping millions of pounds of garbage out of landfills each year. Part of the initiative is our Green Team, comprised of team members who help to educate and provide tips to our employees about living sustainability.
Green Team Mission Statement
The Goodwill of the Finger Lakes Green Team will lead efforts in the implementation of environmentally sustainable practices to make the planet a better place. Our objectives are:
- Raise awareness internally to educate fellow employees about environmental issues and environmentally responsible actions we can take
- Raise awareness externally to educate our communities on sustainable activities carried out by Goodwill of the Finger Lakes
- Initiate small to large behavioral and program changes that would address one of Goodwill’s 3 P’s: Planet
- Create incentives for employees to go green and adapt a culture of sustainability
For our organization, there are some great initiatives happening to help promote sustainability throughout our organization:
- Goodwill has 3 P's: People, Prosperity, Planet
- Our Contact Center has become LEED Gold Certified
- Our retail stores have been converted to LED lights
- The Contact Center has gone paperless
If you're looking to see what items we do and don't accept for donations, visit our website for more information.
We look forward to telling you more about sustainability initiatives!