Jul 28, 2020
All of our stores are now open. While we are grateful we can reopen our stores, please understand, safety is our number one priority at Goodwill. We are taking a cautious approach to keep everyone safe, and would appreciate your patience as we navigate the many new safety protocols put in place. All customers and employees must wear face masks/coverings as mandated by New York State.
For the full listing of locations and hours, please visit our stores tab.
Shopping will feel a little different now with extra safety measures in place to keep our customers and employees safe. All donations have been quarantined before being put on the sales floor. Social distancing will be maintained, reduced occupancy at all locations to lessen density, dressing rooms will be closed, and no returns will be allowed.
No one will be allowed entry into the stores without a face mask:
Additionally the following procedures are in place to ensure the protection of our team members and customers:
- Social distancing of six feet will be required
- Goodwill will conduct a health survey with employees before returning to work
- Temperatures will be taken of each employee before working
- CDC recommended supplies will be used to clean the stores every two hours
- The stores will be deep cleaned each evening
- Employees will be required to wash their hands for 20 seconds every time they remove their gloves
- Sneeze guards will be utilized at registers
- Sanitation is provided for anyone that would like to wipe down their cart
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for use while in the store
- Fitting rooms will be closed for the protection of customers and employees
- No returns will be allowed
Community members have been generous with their donations, so our shelves are filled. All donations have been quarantined to follow recommended safety measures, however, all items purchased at our stores should be washed before use. For more information on our donating procedures visit here.
We are excited to welcome you to shop at (and donate to!) Goodwill, because when you do, you are supporting 211 Lifeline, our crisis hotline, ABVI’s programs for people who are blind or visually impaired, and 100 other nonprofit organizations through our Good Neighbor program.
We look forward to welcoming you back safely!