Oct 24, 2019
ROCHESTER, NY - Goodwill of the Finger Lakes and the Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (ABVI) CEO Dr. A. Gidget Hopf has been named to the list of finalists for the 2020 ATHENA International Award by the Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce and its Women’s Council affiliate.
According to the Chamber, “The ATHENA International Award is given annually to a professional female leader who has demonstrated significant achievements in business, community service, and the professional advancement of women.”
“Gidget recognized my abilities to grow outside my functional area, before I believed it myself,” said Jennifer Lake, President, at Goodwill of the Finger Lakes. “She has consistently delegated responsibilities that have developed my skill set, involved me in key decisions and for strategic meetings, encouraged me to understand and articulate who I am as a leader, and challenged me to achieve greater heights than I ever thought possible. I’m truly grateful for Gidget’s mentoring and support.”
Hopf is one of 15 finalists the Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce announced. The other finalists are:
- Marlene Bessette, President and CEO, Catholic Family Center
- Donna Brink Fox, Senior Associate Dean of Academic and Student Affairs, Eastman School of Music of the University of Rochester
- Stephanie Caffera, Partner, Nixon Peabody LLP
- Nancy Catarisano, Managing Partner, Insero & Co. CPAs LLP
- Kelly Gagan, Vice President, Institutional Advancement, Nazareth College
- Dr. Heidi Macpherson, President, The College at Brockport, State University of New York
- Julie Marsiglio, Director of Major Gifts, United Way of Greater Rochester
- Colleen Matteson, Rochester Market President, Bank of America
- Arlette Miller Smith, Associate Professor, English, and Director, African American Studies, St. John Fisher College
- Deana L. Porterfield, President, Roberts Wesleyan College and Northeastern Seminary
- Sujatha Ramanujan, Managing Director, Luminate, NextCorps, Inc.
- Kelly Reed, President and CEO, Huther Doyle Memorial Institute, Inc.
- Arline Santiago, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, and Director, Legal, ESL Federal Credit Union
- Sharon Stiller, Managing Partner, Rochester Office, and Director of the Employment Law Practice, Abrams Fensterman
The award, which honors and empowers women in business, will be presented at the 34th Annual ATHENA International Awards Dinner January 23, 2020.