Designate a Gift in your Will
Make a Bequest
A Bequest is the act of giving or leaving personal property by a will. It can be your legacy to our community. Once your family and loved ones are provided for, consider giving a gift to Goodwill of the Finger Lakes or Goodwill Vision Enterprises (GVE) in your will or trust or by beneficiary designation.
How it works:
- You can provide now for a future gift to Goodwill of the Finger Lakes or GVE by including a bequest provision in your will or revocable trust.
- Your will or trust directs assets to heirs.
- Your will or trust directs a bequest to us for the purpose(s) you specify.
- You can modify your bequest if your circumstances change.
- You can direct your bequest to a particular purpose.
- There is no upper limit on the estate tax deductions that can be taken for charitable bequests.
- You can have the satisfaction of knowing that your bequest will support Goodwill of the Finger Lakes or GVE in the way you intended when you are gone.
- Membership in the exclusive and highly regarded Foresight Circle.
Here are some of the ways to leave a bequest:
- Include a bequest in your will or trust
- Designate Goodwill of the Finger Lakes or GVE as a full, partial or contingent beneficiary of your retirement account (IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or pension)
- Name Goodwill of the Finger Lakes or GVE as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy
A bequest may be made in several ways:
- Percentage bequest - make a gift of a percentage of your estate
- Specific bequest - make a gift of a specific dollar amount or a specific asset
- Residual bequest - make a gift from the balance or residue of your estate